This position greets customers, assists customers with store inquiries, answers the phone and/or directs callers, tabulates purchases using the register for transactions. Use safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices.
Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate. Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc. Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks. Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging EAS activations.
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors. Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs. May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- May perform data entry or type simple correspondence including printing and system back-up.
- Take inventory as needed and may have responsibility for ordering general merchandise items (snacks, beverages, newspapers, magazines, etc.).
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to author signings, graduation and athletic events)
Apply to Follett
What we Expect from you?
- Design and build applications/ components using open source technology.
- 0 - 12 months of previous retail or clerical experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
Job Title: Conference & Office Coordinator
Operating Unit: Office of Auxiliary Support
Reports To: Director of Campus Card Services/Conference Services
Job Overview: Qualified individual must meet, greet and assist customers in a variety of areas. Must have excellent people skills and the ability to multi-task several duties at one time. Customer Service is paramount. Must respect confidentiality of office paperwork, student inquiries and other appropriate business.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet customers. Answer phones.
- Assist with all aspects of conference and event coordination
- Issue Revocable Permits and obtain all required permits, licenses and insurance certificates for events.
- Ad Astra scheduling software maintenance, event input and training Blackboard Meal Plan software utilization
- Assist with all aspects of Campus Card Office
- Supervise part time conference workers.
- Receives requests from company officials, staff, students, and community groups requiring space for activities. Determines suitability of space for requested activities such as sales meetings, lectures, film screenings, musical programs, and laboratory work, and assigns conference rooms, lecture halls, and other facilities.
- Notifies program participants of location (s) assigned.
- Requisitions needed equipment such as audiovisual aids, music stands, and additional seats when not available within the organization.
- Maintains necessary records for proper billing, collection and reporting of all financial transactions.
- Invoicing for all conference and card office billing
- Acquire knowledge of Card Office infrastructure including card access software (s), ID card software, meal plan software as well as future software added to card office.
- Creates work orders for all necessary card access, facility, telecommunications repairs, additions or moves.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 year conferencing experience.
Sodexo Dining Services